The Intensive English Program (IEP) at Michigan State University seeks to help international students improve their English language abilities through full-time course work within the English Language Center.
IEP students are:
- international students at MSU who need to improve their English Language skills before beginning academic coursework
- individuals who are not seeking a degree at MSU, but who want to improve their English skills.
- If you are not currently an MSU student, please apply for this program through the ELC directly or through Eurocentres program.
- focus on academic English.
- range from beginning to advanced. (Students are placed into levels depending on their scores on the MSU English Language Test.
- include reading, writing, grammar, speaking, listening, vocabulary, and special content-based courses.
- provide 20 hours of instruction per week.
- orientation sessions to help students navigate cultural and academic life in the U.S.
- cultural enrichment activities and field trips.
For a detailed description of each IEP level, please see the IEP Curriculum document.