The program is designed for medical students and professionals who want to increase their understanding of the medical profession in the U.S. and improve their communication skills in English.
- Medical seminars by MSU faculty
- Visits to medical facilities or with medical facility staff
- English support courses on medical terminology and concepts
- Postponed until 2023
Sample 1 Week Schedule
- Day 1: Sunday – Arrive at Detroit Metro Airport and travel to MSU
- Day 2: Monday – ELC course, IGH lecture or site visit and welcome event
- Day 3: Tuesday – ELC course, IGH lecture or site visit and campus tour
- Day 4: Wednesday – ELC course, IGH lecture or site visit and Michigan Capital visit
- Day 5: Thursday – ELC course, IGH lecture or site visit and Lake Lansing picnic
- Day 6: Friday – ELC course, IGH lecture or site visit and East Lansing Summer Concert Series
- Day 7: Saturday – Departure from MSU
- *Program activities will generally take place between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.
STEP 1: Apply Here
Programs are customized, so costs will vary depending on length of program and other factors.
Participants will be housed in on-campus dormitory rooms, and they will take their meals at one of MSU’s 10 award-winning dining halls. Information about the on-campus housing and MSU Culinary Services can be found at liveon.msu.edu and eatatstate.com.