The Intensive English Program at Michigan State University seeks to help international students improve their English language abilities through full-time or part-time course work within the English Language Center.
Intensive English courses
- focus on academic English and range in level from low-intermediate to advanced (depending on students’ MSUELT placement scores).
- include a minimum of 20 hours of reading, writing, grammar, speaking, listening, vocabulary, and content-based course instruction per week.
- prepare students for the ELC’s highest-level courses, our for-credit English for Academic Purposes (EAP) courses.
Intensive English Program Curriculum
Intensive English students include
- individuals who are not seeking a degree at MSU, but who want to improve their English skills.
- already enrolled, degree-seeking international students at MSU who need to improve their English language skills before beginning academic coursework.
Intensive English courses also offer
- orientation sessions to help students navigate cultural and academic life in the U.S.
- cultural enrichment activities and field trips.
- short programs (4-week, 8-week, and 10-week programs)
- all of these fully integrated with full-semester programs already in session.
Ready to apply?
$150 (non-refundable; applied towards tuition upon acceptance)
Dates & Tuition
- Click here: https://elc.msu.edu/dates-tuition/
Terms and Conditions of Payment
- All tuition and housing fees (if housing is requested) are required by the Friday before the first week of classes.
- The fees are considered paid after they have been received by the ELC.
- Students must take a placement test on the Friday before the official start of the course.
Interested in joining a class for part of a semester session?
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.