The university is requiring COVID-19 vaccinations, including boosters, for all MSU students, faculty and staff. Masks are no longer required at MSU in most indoor settings, except for classrooms, research spaces, health care facilities and on CATA buses. Learn more
The Intensive English Program at Michigan State University seeks to help international students improve their English language abilities through full-time or part-time course work within the English Language Center.
Intensive English courses
- focus on academic English and range in level from low-intermediate to advanced (depending on students’ MSUELT placement scores).
- include a minimum of 20 hours of reading, writing, grammar, speaking, listening, vocabulary, and content-based course instruction per week.
- prepare students for the ELC’s highest-level courses, our for-credit English for Academic Purposes (EAP) courses.
Intensive English Program Curriculum
Intensive English students include
- individuals who are not seeking a degree at MSU, but who want to improve their English skills.
- already enrolled, degree-seeking international students at MSU who need to improve their English language skills before beginning academic coursework.
Intensive English courses also offer
- orientation sessions to help students navigate cultural and academic life in the U.S.
- cultural enrichment activities and field trips.
- short programs (4-week, 8-week, and 10-week programs)
- all of these fully integrated with full-semester programs already in session.
Ready to apply?
$150 (non-refundable; applied towards tuition upon acceptance)
Dates & Tuition
- Click here: https://elc.msu.edu/dates-tuition/
Terms and Conditions of Payment
- All tuition and housing fees (if housing is requested) are required by the Friday before the first week of classes.
- The fees are considered paid after they have been received by the ELC.
- Students must take a placement test on the Friday before the official start of the course.
Interested in joining a class for part of a semester session?
- Contact us at email@example.com for more information.