English Partners in Communication
Looking for more speaking opportunities to practice English? We bring them to you in a goal-driven language improvement program!
WELCOME TO VIRTUAL EPIC:
ENGLISH PARTNERS IN COMMUNICATION
FREE IN SPRING 2021!
Are you having difficulty finding ways to practice speaking English? Are you missing social interaction in English during COVID-19? EPIC has some ideas.
For many years, EPIC has offered in-person classes each spring on Tuesday and Thursday evenings to improve conversation skills and strategies for adult speakers of English as a second language in our area. In the spring of 2020, EPIC used a virtual format through Zoom. With public health and safety in mind, we are planning a virtual format for the spring of 2021 open to adult learners beyond our borders.
Face-to-face communication through Zoom is better than mask-to-mask communication in a room!
“This program helped me a lot in acknowledging American culture, and I hope it will help more people in the coming semester. It gives us an occasion where people from different backgrounds respect and talk with each other.” Li WeiA recent participant said this about EPIC!
Our teachers have adapted very well to the virtual format. They continue to address important topics such as –
- The way people greet each other in the US
- The topics that are appropriate for starting a conversation
- How to keep a conversation going
- How to disagree politely and offer a different opinion in a discussion
- vocabulary and idiomatic expressions for daily conversation in English in person or online.
Just a few of the benefits of learning English with EPIC:
- All levels of ability are welcome!
- Experienced teachers and native-speaking conversation partners
- Opportunities for speaking practice, including small talk
WHAT CAN YOU DO NOW? Please continue to watch this website. More information about EPIC 2021 will be posted here as it becomes available.
WHO DO I CONTACT IF I HAVE A QUESTION?
Contact Dr. Debra Hardison at email@example.com for more information.
Photos from throughout the years the program has run.