Online TESOL Certificate Program
This program is for you if you are a current language teacher, an aspiring teacher, or someone who is interested in learning more about English language teaching in general. Our certificate is a series of stand-alone courses that are designed to provide an in-depth analysis of important concepts in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL). Courses are online, open all-year-long, non-credit, and developed according to the TESOL Standards for Short-Term Certificate Programs. Our certificate program is led by a team of researchers and professors from Michigan State University.
The program is self-paced and has three courses, a practicum, and a final portfolio. We estimate completion time to be between 6 and 9 months, but that will vary by each individual and their own pacing. Individuals who are not interested in the full certificate are able to enroll in the following courses individually.
The components of the Online Certificate are:
- Foundations of Language Teaching
- Introduction to Second Language Learning
- Pedagogical Grammar
- Final Portfolio
Our Online TESOL Certificate Program is unique because you can
- learn from MSU experts in the fields of Second Language Studies, Applied Linguistics, and TESOL
- be a native or non-native English speaker, located in the U.S. or abroad
- complete coursework on your own schedule
Tuition and Payment Information
- Individual courses – $250 each
- Full certificate – $900 and includes the three content courses, the practicum and the final portfolio
Textbooks & Fees
- Required – one textbook for Pedagogical Grammar must be purchased separate from tuition for about $40 online by the student: Keys to Teaching Grammar to English Language Learners, Second Ed., by K. Folse
- Fees – no additional fees required
- CashNet – credit card payments including American Express, Discover, JCB, MasterCard, and Visa, or ACH bank transactions accepted.
Please use the Contact Us form at the bottom of this page to request directions for the following payment options:
- Purchase Orders – processed through Unimarket using your supplier.unimarket.com account.
- Invoices – institution payment of tuition registration fees.
Full refunds offered prior to opening any of the courses in D2L less a $45 service charge. 50% refund is offered when canceling less than 2 days after opening any of the courses in D2L. No refund is available when canceling after the 2-day grace period.